- As you may notice I'm new at this.. please be kind :) Love HF x

Thursday 17 May 2012

NOTD- Apricot Punch Summer Scented Nails

For my first 'nail of the day' (NOTD) I decided to go for a pretty, simple, summery nail with some glitter for fun. The weather is still pretty awful here in the UK, regardless of the fact we should be getting towards summer. So I decided to brighten things up with my nails (and possibly encourage some sunshine).


To go bright I went for a peachy orange colour nail varnish from the Rimmel London Lasting Finish I <3 Fruities collection (a bit of a mouthful I know!), in the shade 053 Apricot Punch. As I had gone with a fairly plain manicure i decided to add some sparkle to my forth finger on each hand in the form of Rimmel London's Rock Your Colour glitter top coat in 002 Disco Gold.
Now let me start with Apricot Punch. I bought this about a year ago and loved the colour in the jar, but on application i realised it looks a rather different shade. Its quite a bit brighter and more orange than in the jar and the application isn't the best ( you need nearing 4 coats which is pushing it I'd say), so i put it away. Recently, I decided I really like the colour after rediscovering it so put up with the slightly streaky non-pigmented application and give it another chance. No surprise the application hasn't magically improved and i have noticed the fruity scent when dry (which I cannot make my mind up about, if you don't like scented beauty products though I can guarantee you will hate this).

The glitter however is great, i got this as a gift last Christmas and am half way through the bottle (my house mates do love it too though). It's a fine gold glitter with blue/green reflex in a clear base. It's a great top coat and doesn't feel rough from the glitter. If you are looking for a more concentrated glitter to have a glitter covered nail this isn't the varnish for you, but if you want it for a topcoat like i have use its perfect!

Overall, I love this nail look but think I will have a love hate relationship with Apricot Punch and will not repurchase it if/when it runs/dries out. However I will definitely be trying to repurchase Disco Gold.. lets hope it doesn't get discontinued!

Sorry for the long post, it sort of turned into a review. Please comment with future blog ideas and subscribe if you enjoyed this post :)

What do you guys think of rimmel nail polishes?
Have you tried the scented range?

Lots of Love HF x

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful combo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade its such a nice coral and the accent nail is so pretty... two more nail polishes added to my whishlist

    sundancehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love this colour, shame about the streaky formula! I'm a huge fan of corals, and Miss Sporty do a gorgeous and inexpensive one. It's a really nice formula with an easy-to-use applicator brush, although not the longest wearing polish.
    Mel x
    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly, I absolutely love the idea of fruity scented nail polish! Sounds lush. It's a really nice summery colour, too.
    I'm your new follower:)
    I've just nominated you to do a little challenge over on my blog. It's not exactly a tag, just something I thought would be fun to do and to carry on with other bloggers.
    Here's my URL, you can find the post about it there: http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    Look forward to reading yours if you decide to do it!
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot for following! I've completed your challenge and am now following you! your blog is beaut! HF xox

      Delete
  5. i have that rimmel one ! i was obsessed with this color for a while !


    xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. really awesome i liked it very much keep going on
    Thank you for the absolutely wonderful job you did
    on this blog.Good Job Keep it up and thank you for all of your hard work

    gel acylic nail designs

    ReplyDelete